Training at Royal Windermere Yacht Club
We are an RYA approved Training Centre, and we run a wide range of courses for adults and children to learn sailing throughout the season.
All of our training is done by our inhouse Chief Instructor.
Please use the links above to explore our courses.
Additional operating procedures during Covid 19
Please read these carefully before attending the session.
- DO NOT come to the club if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid 19
- All guardians and attendees attend the course at their own risk, the RWYC will not be held responsible for any cases of infection
- Sailing will be single handed only, unless from the same household
- All attendees must understand the social distancing guidelines
On Arrival at the club:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the course, no earlier- 4.20pm for Fridays sessions and 9.50am Saturdays
- Please arrive changed and ready, changing rooms are not available at the moment and only toilet facilities can be used
- On arrival, DO NOT enter the club, we will meet you outside near the foreshore
- You will then be asked to hand sanitise
- If possible, please bring your own buoyancy aid, club buoyancy aids will be available and will be cleaned after each session
- DO NOT go and help yourself to a boat, we will allocate boats
- Everyone will need to be patient and await your turn for launching, try and remember where you have left your trolley
- Please be aware of social distancing on the boat park and on the jetties
- Could parents/guardians arrive 15 minutes before the end of the session so you are there to greet you child off the water and help when necessary
- Ribs and boats will be suitably cleaned between each session
- Sessions will be cancelled if weather conditions are deemed to be adverse by the instructors
- After the sailing session, if you are wanting to use the club, please follow the instructions and signs. If you are unsure, please ask
PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND CONSIDERATE AT ALL TIMES