The club, in tandem with our stewardess, are developing a safe way of returning to the normal provision of catering at the club
Regular weekly catering for days and evenings:
- Monday evenings after racing (around 8pm) there are sandwiches available from the bar; where you pay £2.50 per person, and help yourself to the items from the platters on the bar.
- Thursday evenings after racing (around 8pm) the ‘dinghy supper’ This has now changed to accommodate everybody! There is one main course available for £6.00pp; the meal is prepared while the race is in operation, then each diner can get their meal from the hatch upstairs and bring it down to eat in the bar and socialise if they wish. Bookings are liked – however not necessary; you can book in up to 6pm on the evening.
- Friday evenings; bar snack menu is served in the restaurant between 7pm and 9pm. The bar snack menu is available to view on the website, and there is also a specials list available each week. Due to this evening becoming very popular again, it is advisable to book to avoid any disappointment. On a Friday evening; the menus will be on the bar, once you have made your decision please order at the bar and a waiter/waitress will come and escort you to your table when your food is almost ready. Friday night food bills are to be paid upstairs please.
- Saturday and Sunday Lunches are served from the service station in the restaurant, between 12pm and 2pm (from April until the end of October). There is a different variety of sandwich fillings available each day, which can be made into salads, sandwiches or baguettes. Also available; chips, homemade soup, sausage rolls and pies. You may view the lunch price list on the website.
- If you see a function/social event which you would like to attend; please book in early to avoid disappointment, as only so many covers can be catered for.
- Please do not bring your own food into the clubhouse to eat; please take this onto the balcony or speak with Zoe before eating it in the dining room.
- The catering is a separate business to that of the yacht club and payment can only be made with cash or cheques as there is no facility for credit, debit or membership cards unfortunately.
- If you would like to book in for an event, please either ring the club and speak directly to Zoe or email on [email protected]
- If you’re having a family party or just a ‘general get together’ why not use the club?
Be it a dinner party, large family gathering, BBQ or just nibbles and drinks, hire the club instead of having to do all the work yourself!!
- The BBQ is available for private hire as long as it is booked in and no other function is on, this is priced at £20.00 per hire.
Payment at the Bar: A reminder that you can use your membership card for payment at the bar if you have placed a previous down payment either of cash or credit/debit card. (Particularly useful if you are sailing as you don’t need to leave money in the changing rooms!)
I hope you all have a good season this year and make the most of this beautiful club.