After much consideration and reviewing many options, the Flags & Hons and Management Committees have unanimously passed the following proposal and now wish to share the details with Club members.
Benefits of the terrace extension
- Provides the club with a larger, more flexible area in which to accommodate more people in one location.
- Easy level access throughout, from the existing decking and bar.
- Helps to keep all members and different fleets together after sailing and during events, with access directly from the boat park and a potential wet bar facility.
- The unique facility provides the Club with an enhanced revenue stream through both members and third-party social functions.
- It will provide additional safe, dry and easily accessible storage below the new terrace for club boats, masts, gear etc both in the Summer and Winter.
- The design of the new terrace is such that all–weather use of the space should be possible.
- The attractive terrace, readily viewed from the lake, helps to provide a “I want to be part of that” feeling and a potential membership stream, if required.
- The design enables flexible use for multiple events and functions, with potential for a marquee to be erected on the new terrace.
- With the ability to produce increased revenue, the cost of the terrace can be recovered in a relatively short period.
Considerable thought has gone into its size, accessibility, location of access points, appearance, both from the club and the lake and any potential down sides in fulfilling the project.
Details such as lighting, integrated awning stand sockets, glass structural balustrades and ease of supplying refreshments from the terrace, will be finalised once planning permission has been acquired.
The Management Committee welcomes members’ views and thoughts, if you wish to comment please send to the Hon Secretary ([email protected]) prior to 28 February. It is proposed to have the terrace ready for the 2022 season.
Full Download available