Latest Covid update 10/9/2020
You will be encouraged to know that the club’s Flags & Hons & COVID 19 groups have met to take stock of the situation and try to plan accordingly. The good news is that with the latest government requirements the club can continue to operate both on and off the water – including the proposed Autumn series.
Our staff want the members to use the club and welcome you all, but they do need to be offered respect. It is unhelpful for members to ask staff to ‘bend the rules.’
If all members please ensure they understand and follow the COVID safe operating arrangements at the club, this would be very much appreciated;
- Track and trace details are required on every visit by law.
- A maximum of 6 per table, who must be seated and not mix or form larger groups.
- On the balcony the tables are not suitable for 6 people and they need to stay as they are set, otherwise it affects safe access and social distancing.
- In the bar area there can be a maximum of 30 people seated at tables, NO standing.
- 1 person at a time at the bar, respect social distancing while waiting and use the marked lines on the carpet.
- No leaning on the bar while awaiting or during service.
- Follow the one way direction system at all times
Please do not be offended if any infringements of the rules are drawn to your attention.
What is clear is that the national situation is changing, and we need to be guided by government guidelines as and when they emerge and the RYA. We recognize the government has ‘beefed up’ enforcement and regulation and this reinforces the need for members to respect the rules in place at the club; consistently and with good grace.
We have discussed whether we can re-open the changing rooms and showers once again but have decided that the present restrictions need to remain in place; no changing or showers and a one in one out system for the toilets.
For those members racing, remember that we need to assemble on the boat park for the pre – race briefing which will be conducted from the balcony.
Lets all work together to keep each other safe and our club open